February 18, 2005

Anluwage,

Kudos to you for creating such a wonderful website. I salute you and the members of your group for spending your time and effort in this creative and positive hobby. The youth are the future of our neighborhood and it just hurt my whenever I see them wasting their lives to vices.

I hope that you could bring in more members into your group.

I am already in my golden years. A graduate of JP Laurel High School in 1968 when it was still in Solis Street. I lived in Sunog Apog Street and I still stay there with my son whenever I'm on vacation.

Being away for so many years, I long for old friends and classmates. With the wonders of cyberspace, in Sept. 2004, I created a website for Laurelians batch '68 hoping to reach other batch mates. With God's blessings, it clicked and we are able to establish contact with each other which are scattered all over the world. As of today, we have 32 former student members not to include former teachers that we are able to contact. Several mini-reunions are happening in Manila, Australia and U.S. It is just amazing and really very exciting to mingle again with old friends and classmates and bring back old happy memories. A full day is not enough for every mini reunion .

However, 32 members are just a fraction of what we wish to be contacted and we are still looking for all other fellow 1968 batch mates.

We hope that your site can assist us to relay our message to any other ex-laurelians of batch 1968 and 1969 that you or your readers may know, they may be your parents, grand parents, relatives or neighbors. We have a lot of plans on the work which includes a Grand Ruby Reunion on our 40th anniversary to be held in JPLHS Campus, we are in the process of establishing to fund a college scholarship program for deserving JPLHS students and other projects for the welfare of JPLHS students as our way to give back to our old school.

For information on how our fellow alumni can contact us is available at our website at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laurelhighschool/

I hope you would not mind me putting your site as a link in our site so my fellow members especially those who lives out of the philippines, would be able to visit your site and learn about the current happenings in our beloved Gagalangin.

We would also appreciate if you can also link us in your site.

Thank you and God Bless

Roy Yabut
Couples for Christ
New York, NY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name *
Subject: *
E-mail Address: *
Age
Message *
Contact No.

* RequiredPowered by myContactForm.com