January 06, 2005

GOD'S PREVAILING EPIPHANY

By Pietro B S Albano

...some men who studied the stars came from the East to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the baby born to be king of the Jews?...When King Herod heard about this, he was very upset... (Mt 2:1-3, TEV-2nd ed © 1992)

Serving at the parish church was something I have dreamed about. I saw it as a chance to give glory to the Lord through whatever I can offer: my time, talents, and treasure. Like-minded people welcomed and supported me as I began my ministry in the parish. However, I came across a host of King Herods, those people whose eyebrows were kept raised as they saw how my colleagues and I served, those people who were always opposing any changes that I have proposed, those people who never wanted to be outdone in the community. Yet I continued my work, until these Herods - upset as they were - concocted intrigues against me that led to my untimely "demise" from the parish where I first saw the light of Christ.

In spite of this rather sorrowful event, Jesus continued to reveal Himself to me. I may be "nawala sa sirkulasyon" in the parish, but that did not block Him from calling me to serve Him in other communities. His call has never been unanswered. Like the wisemen, I go to where He sends me bringing my gifts to His people, be it in Manila and now, in the UK.

The Herods may have their way, but God's way will always prevail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name *
Subject: *
E-mail Address: *
Age
Message *
Contact No.

* RequiredPowered by myContactForm.com